The Psychologist and Counseling Services Coordinator is responsible for the overall management of on campus student counseling services including the development and implementation of and resources that promote wellness and retention of the undergraduate community. The Psychologist/Coordinator also provides direct services to students including individual and group psychological counseling, as well supervision of counseling practicum students and trainees. There is an emphasis in the position on crisis management with on-call responsibilities, which may include evening and weekend hours as needed. The position reports to the Dean of Student Affairs.
Education experience and requirements:
- PhD or PsyD in clinical or counseling psychology required.
- Current licensure in the State of Missouri required and must maintain licensure for continued employment.
- Minimum of two-three years of clinical experience (preferably working with college age students).
The Kansas City Art Institute is a four-year, independent and NASAD accredited college of art and design founded in 1885. It is located in the cultural heart of metropolitan Kansas City, MO., in immediate proximity to the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art and the Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art. The college enrolls about 650 students regionally, nationally and internationally. For more information visit www.kcai.edu.
Application deadline and procedures:
This position is open until filled.
Apply by email to:
Attach to the email in PDF format only
- Cover letter
- Statement of college counseling services philosophy
- List of three clinical references we may contact
- Salary requirements and salary history
Questions may be directed to:
Kansas City Art Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer.